IT has prepared our network, servers, printers, and related systems to accommodate any laptop or tablet. Community members are responsible for maintaining their personal hardware and personal Operating System (OS). IT can help students diagnose their technology issues, but it is the student’s responsibility to transport or arrange repair services for their device. Student devices will need to meet the following set of requirements:
- Chrome browser to access: Google’s Gmail and My BackPack
- The ability to connect to Wifi for academic use. Ethernet is also available in the dorms.
- Antivirus with an active subscription (WMA provides Sophos if needed)
- WMA will be using Google’s Docs, Sheets and Slides.
- Microsoft Office 365 will be offered to students for academic use during the 2017 - 2018 school year. After this year, WMA will move away from Microsoft Office 365 accounts and will transition completely to G Suite.
Software WMA Provides:
- Students will be given a WMA G Suite account which includes WMA Gmail, Docs, Slides, Sheets, and managed Google services.
- Teachers will use Google Classroom and My BackPack to administer assignments, communications, collaboration...
Supported Academic Devices:
- iPad, Chromebook, Windows tablet, Windows laptop, Mac laptop, Android tablet
Excluded from Academic use:
- Kindle, Nook
Devices Not Allowed on the WMA Network:
- Wireless Routers, Access Points (AP), Network Switches, Smart TV’s
*Additional information is available in the Student/Parent Handbook.