< back to page list
Middle School Grade 7 Courses
- Theme: Knowing One’s Self
- Students explore the importance of establishing one’s identity
- Enables students to value mathematics, to build confidence in their ability to solve problems, and to communicate and reason mathematically
- Continues to explore algebraic and geometric functions
- Explores patterns and number sense, as well as applications with proportions and percents
- Leads to either Math 8 or Algebra 1 in Grade 8
- Uses Prentice-Hall Math 2 Program Text
- Connects to Grade 7 Humanities theme by learning how to study humans scientifically
- Uses SEPUP text, Science & Life Issues
- Students choose French, Latin, Mandarin, or Spanish as their primary language of study for two years
- Explores the theme of self within a modern European tradition• Investigates idea of the self-portrait from the beginning of the Renaissance to the 20th century
- Connected to the Grade 7 Humanities theme, Grade 7 Health classes discuss establishing a good personal health routine involving proper nutrition and a proper exercise regimen
- Students choose one of four stringed instruments, (violin, viola, cello, and base) and learn first in Grade 7 to find their “voice” with the chosen instrument and then, in Grade 8, to blend their “voice” harmoniously into their musical group.
- Classes meet twice each week for the entire school year, with the goal of involving students in regular physical activity including a variety of lifelong sports.