WMA Arts Enrichment Requirements 2010-2011
Completion of the Arts Enrichment Program is a graduation requirement.
• 3 enrichment credits are required each academic year: 1 off-campus event & 2 on-campus events
• Opportunities to earn credits
-1 Take advantage of the wonderful weekend trips that are planned for your convenience to earn off-campus enrichment credits.
-2 Attend any on-campus event listed here to earn enrichment credits.
• No credit is given in the following circumstances:
-1 Generally, if you are a participant in the performance, although under certain circumstances, special permission may be given.
-2 If the performance is part of our weekly Thursday School Meeting time
• Paper requirements for off-campus enrichment experience. If you attend an off-campus event on your own or with your family, please write a three-paragraph response paper and include the following:
-1. The facts: what, when, and where
-2. A detailed description of your experience
-3. Describe in detail whether you liked or disliked this experience, and why. Would you recommend it to another?
Email it or submit a hard copy by the end of the trimester, and in the third trimester at least two weeks before the end of school.
• Enriching experiences accepted in this program:
o Visual Arts
o Literary arts
o For all on-campus events, there will be a sign up sheet.
o For the weekend trips, Mrs. Norman will provide bus lists.
o If there is a school field trip, the teacher organizing the trip will be responsible for submitting the names of the students on the trip.
o At the end of each trimester, Ms. Feldheim posts the attendance list in the Arts Enrichment folder located in Arts News.