Wilbraham & Monson Academy, situated on 300+ acres in Western Massachusetts, is an independent day and boarding school of 425 students in Grades 6 - postgraduate. As one of the country’s oldest boarding schools, Wilbraham & Monson Academy has been educating global citizens and world leaders since 1804.
Wilbraham & Monson Academy - the Global School® - values employees who are knowledgeable in their fields and committed to serving a global community. We offer our faculty and staff competitive compensation and benefits as well as opportunities for professional development. If you would like to join our community, we welcome your application for an available position.
WMA prohibits discriminatory conduct of any kind. Unlawful discrimination is the unfair or unequal treatment of an individual (or group) based on certain characteristics that are specifically protected by law or Academy policy. These characteristics include: race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, military status, gender identity and any other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
Anticipated Opening: Upper School Spanish
Wilbraham & Monson Academy seeks a full-time Spanish teacher for the 2019-2020 academic year. The ideal candidate will possess native or near-native ability in Spanish as well as a strong academic background in Spanish language and Hispanic cultures. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues. In addition to classroom teaching of four sections, the position will include coaching or equivalent afternoon responsibilities (two seasons) and evening/weekend supervisory duties for faculty that choose to reside on campus.
The ideal candidate will be an educator with:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Spanish
- Minimum of 3-5 years of successful classroom teaching experience
- A demonstrated commitment to diverse populations and global engagement
- Knowledge of and/or commitment to integrate relevant classroom technologies
- A track record of collaboration with colleagues
- Exceptional writing and speaking skills in both languages
Competitive salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. For information about the school, please visit our website at www.wma.us. EOE.
Applicants interested should send a cover letter, resume, and at least three written references to Dean of Faculty Walter Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org. For candidates with less than five years of teaching experience, please include a transcript.
Works under the general direction of the Director of Facilities and is responsible for the supervision and administrative work relating to the maintenance and repair of Campus Buildings, Faculty Residences, surrounding grounds, athletic fields, and related equipment; all other work as assigned by the Director of Facilities.
Responsibilities include but not limited to: Work with Director of Facilities to prioritize campus repairs and upgrades
- • Performs a variety of work, and related tasks in maintaining the facilities, buildings, grounds, and equipment
- • Utilize work order software to track, prioritize and assign work orders to appropriate personnel and ensure work is being completed in a timely manner
- • Direct, motivate, and support facility employees to respond and react to faculty and staff requests for maintenance needs
- • Enforce WMA policies and ensure that facility employees are using the proper safety equipment
- • Track equipment maintenance, repair, performance, set preventative and repair schedules
- • Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise including after hour situations or alarms
- • Oversee turf management plan, ensuring all Athletic fields have been cut and are lined appropriately
- • Coordinate winter operations including outside contractor for salting parking lots and driveways
- • Monitor building heating, cooling systems and light fixtures to ensure proper operation
- • Participate and direct staff in WMA annual events including setting up tables, chairs, tents and required equipment
- • Occasional evening, holiday, or weekend work required to support facilities, projects, events, and programs
Communication & Computer Skills:
Ability to operate a computer and knowledge of Word, Excel and work order software; excellent organization skills, and record-keeping abilities as well as an eye for detail. Have effective written and verbal communication skills to document the status of repairs and improvements.
Knowledge, ability and skill requirements:
• Considerable knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in maintenance, construction and repair activities; general knowledge of the principles and practices of carpentry, painting, plumbing, and wiring.
• Ability to prioritize repair and maintenance activities; ability to read and follow instructions
• Ability to supervise and motivate up to 12 employees
• Experience in work order software to track work orders and assist in prioritizing work load
• Ability to use hand tools for repairs and maintenance
Education and physical requirements:
• High school education, supplemented by broad training in general maintenance
• Four years responsible experience in broad-based building maintenance or construction work
• Supervisory experience preferred; or any equivalent combination of education and experience
Occasional evening, holiday, or weekend work required to support facilities, projects, events, and programs
Please send resume and salary requirements to Christopher W. Reed, Director of Facilities, at email@example.com.
Girls' and Boys' Varsity Swimming Coach
- The start of practice will be on Nov. 18 for preseason for four days. We are on Thanksgiving Break from Nov. 22 - Dec. 3. The regular season practices start on that day.
- The season will end on March 7 with New England Championships.
- Daily practices are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Practice times will start at 3:30 p.m.
- The meets for this team are normally held on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Wednesday is a half day of school, so the commitment would begin sometime after noon.
- Salary will be based on experience.
Wilbraham & Monson Academy