Wilbraham & Monson Academy, situated on 300+ acres in Western Massachusetts, is an independent day and boarding school of 425 students in Grades 6 - postgraduate. As one of the country’s oldest boarding schools, Wilbraham & Monson Academy has been educating global citizens and world leaders since 1804.
Wilbraham & Monson Academy - the Global School® - values employees who are knowledgeable in their fields and committed to serving a global community. We offer our faculty and staff competitive compensation and benefits as well as opportunities for professional development. If you would like to join our community, we welcome your application for an available position.
WMA prohibits discriminatory conduct of any kind. Unlawful discrimination is the unfair or unequal treatment of an individual (or group) based on certain characteristics that are specifically protected by law or Academy policy. These characteristics include: race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, military status, gender identity and any other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
Assistant Director of Print & Graphic Design
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Assistant Director of Print & Graphic Design is responsible for the creation of all print and digital marketing materials.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Print Materials: responsible for the creation of all print materials and publications including Admission and Advancement materials, postcards, posters, programs and brochures, working with internal departments and external printers and mail houses, etc.
Digital Graphics: create graphics to be used on the Academy’s website, social media platforms and in email blasts
Photography: Digital photography and photo editing for online use
Social Media Management: Assist in managing social media posts and campaigns: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
Must have working knowledge in:
- Adobe InDesign or Illustrator: prepare informational pieces for print
- Adobe Photoshop: design banners and infographics for website and social media
- Word, Excel, Powerpoint: word processing, PDF creation, creating presentations iMovie & Digital Media: operate camera and video camera and produce videos
Bachelors degree required; photography, social media management and videography knowledge a plus. Sense of humor a must. Experience in education-focused graphic design is preferred.
The Assistant Director of Print & Graphic Design is a part-time, 28 hours per week position. Aside from any required duties consistent with the supervision and maintenance of a residential student community, the Assistant Director of Print & Graphic Design should expect to be on campus some nights and weekends throughout the year.
Interested candidates should send a resume, portfolio and three references to email@example.com.
Full-time, 40 hour per week position reports to the Business Manager in our Business Office.
- Greet all incoming guests to the Academy with a smile
- Answer phones politely, professionally and direct all incoming calls
- Maintain and update Academy faculty/staff phone lists
- Assist various departments, as well as students and faculty, with outgoing package mailings
- Inform faculty and students of any packages that get delivered to the Reception Office
- Be an expert on the functions of the postage machine and postage rates
Regarding Deans’ Office:
- Be familiar with the crisis management policy
- Help organize student dorm room keys and assignment spreadsheet at the opening and close of the school year, as well as any room changes that occur during the school year
Regarding Business Office:
- Periodically data enter invoices to be paid
- Weekly assist with the check run to get invoices paid
- Assist Business Manager with: special projects; keys; key spreadsheets for faculty, staff, as well as students
- Track signatures for WMA Employee Handbook Acknowledgment Forms, as well as various other faculty/staff signatures required
- Responsible for all copiers, laundry and vending machines (supplies, call for service)
- Responsible for student, faculty, staff E&R Laundry service, including sign ups and reporting lost/damaged clothing
- Participate in working on weekend events
- Maintain all emergency records and vehicle registration forms
- Enter College Counseling scholarships online and in scholarships binder
- Lend administrative assistance to all departments and faculty, as time allows
- Add event dates to Campus Center conference room calendar
- Order toner needed for 25 photocopiers on campus
- Keep the Deans Office wing supply closet stocked with supplies
- May need to assist with mail receiving and sorting during the summer months, as well as at various other times during the school year
- Assist with collection and organization of documents needed from students/chaperones for school trips
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills - being courteous, professional, and helpful are critical for this job.
- Requires the ability to work independently
- Should be able to sit for long periods of time
- Should be able to multi-task between assignments, phones, student inquiries, visitors, etc. Should be able to exercise independent judgment
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point
- Familiar with Fax machines, scanners, printers, photocopiers
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Interested candidates should send a resume ands cover letter to Janet Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org.