While our campus is currently closed to visitors, we have provided below a variety of ways you can experience our campus and community. We also encourage you to schedule a student-led virtual tour of campus, along with a meeting with coaches, faculty and students who can share their WMA experience and answer your questions.
Can a school change who you are, alter your life’s path, and open your global perspective? There are many Titans, past and present, who will answer, “Absolutely!”
Would you like to be one of them?
- 425(Student Body at WMA)
- 50% (Boarding Students)
- 32 (Nations)
- 11 (U.S. States)
- 100% (College Matriculation)
- 66(Teaching Faculty at WMA)
- 73% (Advanced Degrees)
- More than 50%(Live on Campus)
- 12-15 (Average Class Size)
- 6:1 (Student:Teacher)
Wilbraham & Monson Academy provides a safe environment where students can pursue academic excellence in the comfort of our beautiful, traditional New England campus. Our state-of-the-art facilities house diverse opportunities you won't find at other college prep schools.
We believe that the curriculum at WMA does more than educate our students — it transforms them into global citizens who, with the help of superior critical-thinking skills, are unafraid of any challenge that may come. Our distinctive educational experience includes the following:
- Center for Entrepreneurship, Economics & Finance
- Mark R. Shenkman Trading Center, which trains students in finance, economics and entrepreneurship
- An on-campus Tinkering Place that serves as an educational playground for curious and motivated students
- Global and national travel opportunities to elevate students' studies and perspectives
Beyond academics, students are encouraged to participate in a variety of extracurricular programs that enrich their time here at WMA and give them opportunities to pursue the activities they're passionate about, including:
Twenty-nine Varsity teams, including Olympic sports like Skiing, Riflery and Water Polo
Student leadership opportunities
Thriving Fine & Performing Arts programs
Service projects in the surrounding community
More than 30 clubs and organizations for an array of interests
And many more
Choosing the right school can change who you are, ensure you're on the right path and open you up to a global perspective. Titans both past and present can vouch that Wilbraham & Monson Academy is the Massachusetts area's premier boarding prep school, where students build a solid foundation for a successful future. We've been educating tomorrow's leaders since 1804, and now, your child can be one of them.
The educational experience is filled with challenging hurdles that mold our students. It teaches young minds the value of hard work — something we hold dear. To encourage students in their educational pursuits, we make sure they are surrounded by a caring network of faculty and staff who constantly engage them. This strategy pushes students to be passionate about their education, and it gives them a deep sense of satisfaction in a job well done.
Our educators continually encourage students to strive for greatness, which helps them develop an attitude of enthusiasm toward learning. A shared sense of educational purpose between faculty and students allows them to overcome every hurdle that comes their way. It also births curiosity, another value we encourage in all of our students.
- Academic Day: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Afternoon Activities 3:30 - 6 p.m.
*-due to COVID-19 restrictions, our campus is closed to visitors. We offer in-person classes, with an option for hybrid learning.
Did You Know?
- The College Board's AP Capstone program is part of our curriculum
- WMA has 30+ clubs including Model UN, Harmonia (multicultural club) and Tai Chi
- We offer three online classes: Java Programming, AP European History and AP Computer Science A
- Our Fine & Performing Arts program offers 26 courses
- WMA has 23 AP Course Offerings
- Titans can partake in Olympic sports like Rugby, Water Polo and Riflery
- Our global program includes 12 electives courses
- We have 28 Varsity teams at WMA
Thank You for Your Interest in Wilbraham & Monson Academy
We appreciate your interest in sending your child to Wilbraham & Monson Academy. As you explore our web pages, you'll learn more about our programs, faculty and staff, all here to guide and support middle- and upper-school-aged students through the challenges they'll encounter during their time here. If you want to get a true feel for what WMA stands for, we encourage you to visit our campus or attend an open house.
If you have any questions about the Academy or the variety of programs offered here, we encourage you to contact us at the Admission Office.