The Parents Association is a partnership with the Academy that enhances our students valuable educational experience. Being an active member of the Parents Association provides parents a meaningful way to be directly involved in their students' educational experience, as well as in our school community.
Wednesday, Nov. 7
Binney Hall, 6 - 8 p.m.
Parents Association Meetings
5:30 - 7 p.m.
January 10, 2019
February 21, 2019
April 11, 2019
(Unless otherwise specified, food and beverage served)
Watch Parent eNews for information about speakers and special parent offerings at these meetings. Please visit our website at www.wma.us/parents for additional events and more information. If you wish to volunteer please contact Director of Parent Programs, Kellie Molander at email@example.com.
Titan Parent Walk & Talk Tuesdays
Please join other WMA Titan Parents for some morning exercise and conversation. We will walk around the “Triangle” beginning at the tennis courts and going down Faculty Street to Main Street, right on Main Street to Springfield Street, up Springfield Street and then right back on to Faculty Street (almost 1.7 miles). Meet us at the WMA tennis parking lot at 7:30 a.m. for lap 1 or join us at 8 a.m. from the Tennis parking lot for lap 2.
All Tuesdays (except Oct. 23) through Nov. 13.
From School Counselor Tess Presnal
Mrs. Presnal gave a powerpoint presentation and facilitated a discussion on "Live Clean: Guidelines for a Healthy Well Being'' at a recent PA meeting.
Click here to learn more about her presentation.
The mission of the WMA Parents Association is:
- To support various aspects of our students' Academy life
- To foster close parent relationships through parent socials
- To work with the Development Office in support of the WMA Annual Fund and the annual parents' fundraising effort
- To assist the Admission Office by actively welcoming and mentoring new parents, representing the Academy at Registration and Open Houses and acting to promote the Academy to prospective families
Parents can sign up to volunteer to help the PA plan events and activities. Tell us how you'd like to help!
- Attend monthly meetings
- Help plan events
- Welcome families at Open House