What is #GivingTuesday?
We have Black Friday. We have Cyber Monday. Now, there's #GivingTuesday! On Tuesday, Dec. 1, join a Global Celebration of Giving.
Since 2012, #GivingTuesday has brought people from around the world together for one common purpose. Last year alone, more than $45 million was donated to 15,000 nonprofits around the globe. That's just in one day!
Here are some other suggestions to get your giving spirit sparked. On #GivingTuesday give someone:
- a warm hug
- a welcoming smile
- a deserving compliment
- a hot cup of coffee
- the right of way on the road
- your place in line
- your seat
- a helping hand
- your forgiveness
- your gratitude
Or, donate your extra clothes to a shelter, volunteer your time at your favorite charity or organize a 'movement to give' in your neighborhood.
Can you think of any others?
#GivingTuesday is a reminder of how everyone has something to share. Let's keep the momentum going throughout the holidays and the New Year!
3 THINGS YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW
- Mark your calendar for Dec. 1
- Visit our website and social media often for updates
- Spread the word by sharing with friends and family
Together, we all can make a difference in the lives of WMA's future leaders.
On Tuesday, Dec. 1:
- You may decide to give ($5, $10, $15, $20, $50 or more) - no amount is too small!
- Visit wma.us/givingtuesday to make your donation
- Share your good deed on social media, via email, or at the coffee shop - to inspire others to give also
Join the global movement that is #GivingTuesday!
Total nonprofits receiving donations*
|Average tweets per hour†||11,202||29,108|
|Hours trending on Twitter in the U.S.†||10||11|
Sources: * Indiana University’s Lilly Family School of Philanthropy and the † United Nations Foundation
Table source: philanthropy.com