Student Promotion & Athletic Recruiting
Unique to WMA is our full-time staff positions of Director of Student Promotion and College Athletic Recruitment Liaison to the Athletic Department.
Our Director of Student Promotion offers students of all ages opportunities to help build their educational resume.
Director of Student Promotion Bill Wells has two students of his own, both of whom have gone through the college selection process.
Mr. Wells has been fully immersed with student life on a daily basis as advisor for the Class of 2016, student newspaper advisor, field hockey coach and our on-campus news reporter. He can be found at many athletic games and performing arts events as well.
Mr. Wells also teaches a Novel Writing class and is a member of our College Counseling Department.
How does the Director of Student Promotion add value to a student's educational resume?
Our College Athletic Recruitment Liaison to the Athletic Department offers the major advantages to student-athletes at WMA:
- Facilitates communication with college coaches to help develop and cultivate relationships between our (WMA) coaches and college coaches.
- Assists coaches with educating their athletes on the recruitment process.
- Ensures all coaches are updated on existing and new admissions criteria for colleges and universities.
Mike Mannix, our Dean of Residential Life, led our Boys' Basketball team to the New England Class AA Championship during the 2019-2020 season. His background includes:
- 11 years coaching WMA Boys' Varsity Basketball
- 4 years coaching NCAA Men's College Basketball
- 1 year Indiana Pacers (NBA)
Coach Mannix has helped his players land at colleges such as: Amherst, Bates, Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Indiana, Kentucky and Rice.