Karsten Nyarady '21 selected to Under Armour All-American Lacrosse Games
What Wilbraham & Monson Academy’s Karsten Nyarady ’21 missed for lacrosse in the spring he more than made up for in the summer.
After the coronavirus cancelled spring sports throughout the country, Karsten spent part of his summer competing with and against a select group of high school lacrosse players. He was selected to the Midwest Under Armour All-American Lacrosse Games and helped his team win the West Super Regional, recording 12 goals and seven assists in five games.
· Two-way midfielder from Westfield, Massachusetts
· Tournament was held in August in Indiana
· West Super Regional consisted of teams from the Midwest, Southwest and West
· Midwest team went 3-1 in bracket play before winning the championship
· Midwest will play Philadelphia in a semifinal in October
· National tournament started with 12 teams
Karsten on his team winning its Super Regional: “It was pretty awesome. On the first day we lost to the Southwest team. They have a lot of Division I commits, including the fifth-ranked goalie in the country. He stopped a lot of our shots. We played them again in the championship, and we beat them by a good amount. It was a phenomenal experience, and I’m glad I’ll get to play with them again.”
WMA Boys’ Lacrosse Coach Mike MacDonald on Karsten’s summer: “Karsten played a key role in the Under Armour All-American Games this summer. His team won the championship, and Karsten was a key contributor to the team's success. We are proud of the way he represented our school and lacrosse program. Karsten has a bright future and we will see him play at a very competitive college soon.”