International Student Admission
Wilbraham & Monson Academy was the first school in the United States to enroll students from China in 1847. Our history of educating, supporting, and embracing a global population is extensive. In any given year the WMA community is made up of students from 20-30 different countries. WMA seeks to enroll international students who are curious, interested in other cultures, and excited about joining a community where they can be challenged academically, athletically, and artistically.
International students interested in applying to WMA are required to submit the following documents prior to February 1. Applications completed after February 1 will be evaluated as space permits.
- Application (Use our online version, the common application, the SSAT application, or please contact our office to verify that the application you would like to submit is acceptable)
- Standardized test scores (TOEFL or SSAT is preferred)
- Transcripts from the past 2 years ~ including grades from your current school and school year
- 3 letters of recommendation from your current school (English, math, & a personal recommendation)
- Photocopy of the information page of the student's current passport
- An interview ~ preferably in person, but in situations when a family will not be traveling to our campus, a SKYPE or a phone interview can be arranged
- $150 application fee
Please note that while we embrace a global community and the diversity that the many different cultures bring to our school, we offer only advanced ESL classes. We expect all international students to have a high level of English proficiency when they arrive on our campus.
Please do not hesitate to contact us or at admission@WMA.us with any questions regarding admission for international students.