A Merit-Based Scholarship Program for Students of Outstanding Academic Achievement
The Global Scholars Program brings together exceptional students for an outstanding educational opportunity.
To be considered, candidates must have demonstrated excellence in the following areas:
- Academic achievement, with a GPA of 3.5 or greater
- Awareness of global issues and the concept of global leadership
- Moral force of character
- Capacity to lead and motivate fellow students
- Participation in activities beyond the classroom
Scholarship award includes
- Up to $5,000 per year toward WMA-sponsored international travel; renewable each year that a student matriculates at the Academy, with a potential value of $20,000
- Monthly lecture opportunities and cultural events to foster dialogue of global issues, and Senior Research Project
- Travel benefits: Student travel is carefully designed by faculty members at the Academy to include an educational component, as well as a spirit of adventure.
How to Apply
Any student enrolled for one trimester in the WMA upper school and maintaining a minimum 3.5 GPA may apply. Candidates must complete an online application form
and submit it, along with a 500-to-800-word essay, by February 1. For questions, contact program advisor Meg Hutcheson
for more details.
For over 200 years, boarding at Wesleyan Academy, Monson Academy, Wilbraham Academy, and Wilbraham & Monson Academy has been a treasured tradition. Generations of alumni have benefited from the enriching experience of living and learning together. Today, we at the Academy are very excited to announce the Legacy Scholarship. This $10,000 boarding scholarship has been established to benefit children, grandchildren, nieces, and nephews of Academy alumni who qualify for enrollment.
Why board at WMA?
- Lifelong friendships forged in the dormitories
- The continuation of a family tradition, one shared with many WMA alumni
- Access to our 300-acre campus with collegiate-level facilities and the only virtual trading floor at the high-school level in the country
- Unique experiences that exist during evening and weekend activities, which further intellectual curiosity, inspire personal growth, develop leadership skills, and prepare for college life as only a boarding community can
- Close connections with residential faculty and students who hail from 30+ countries
What exactly is the scholarship and how do I apply?
The scholarship will be awarded to a select number of boarding applicants applying for grades 9 through PG who are legacies of WMA alumni. Students must qualify for admission to the Academy and have demonstrated academic and social leadership skills. The scholarship is renewable each year a student matriculates at the academy and remains in good academic and social standing. Families who are eligible may also apply for need-based financial aid in addition to this award.
There is no separate application required. If you are interested in learning more about the Academy today, please contact Kate Gaw, Director of Admission & Financial Aid, and let her know that you are a legacy! She would love to share all the benefits of the Academy with you and your family. She can be reached at 413.596.9174 or via email at kgaw@WMA.us.
Please note that the number of scholarships is limited.