Bring Your Own Device for Academics
IT continues to provide a robust network to accommodate many wired and wireless devices. Community members are responsible for maintaining their personal hardware and personal Operating System (OS). IT can help students diagnose their technology issues, but it is the student’s responsibility to transport or arrange repair services for their device. Student devices will need to meet the following set of requirements:
- Chrome browser to access: Various web-based applications like Gmail, Canvas, PowerSchool.
- The ability to connect to Wi-Fi for academic use. Ethernet is also available in the dorms
- WMA will be using Google’s Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Printing will be done through PaperCut Printing and "email to print.''
Software WMA Provides:
- Students will be given a WMA G Suite account which includes WMA Gmail, Docs, Slides, Sheets and managed Google services
- Teachers will use Canvas and PowerSchool to administer assignments, communications, collaboration, etc.
Supported Academic Devices:
- WMA supports Windows and Mac devices.
Excluded from Academic use:
- Kindle, Nook, cell phones (iPhone, Android, ...)
Devices Not Allowed on the WMA Network:
- Wireless Routers, Access Points (AP), Network Switches, Smart TV’s, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Apple HomePod
Note: Additional information is available in the Student/Parent Handbook